French cuisine always attract me as high class food, so eating french food can make the day special. But there is no french restaurant in my local area, so I’d just cook it.
Today’s main character that is making my day special is…spinach ricotta quiche!
If you take the first bite of my quiche, you will feel the harmony of eggs and sweet, fresh cheese with another crunchy but melting cheese all at once on your mouth.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- Half bunch of spinach
- 1/2 large onion
- 5 shiitake mushroom
- 1/2 medium tomato
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 2 tablespoon of olive
- 1/4 cup of soy milk
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Some salt and pepper
- ½ cup of shredded cheese
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of panko
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of butter
Or just buy frozen crust. You can choose either having fun making crust or saving your time:)
- Cream butter, add sugar and egg. Every time you add item, mix well.
- Add sieved flour, then gather crust to make one ball with it.
- Put it in ref. Wait about 30min.
1. Slice onion, shiitake mushroom, and cut spinach. Mince tomato and set aside.
2. In a large pan, pour olive oil. When it’s heated enough, put onion and shiitake mushroom.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add spinach and ricotta cheese. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
*Don’t worry, the pan is still hot, so spinach will be cooked well enough even though you remove the pan from heat.
~Bake Tart crust~
1. Preheat oven to 250 degree. Place crust in a baking pan, and make a bunch of hole on it. Bake about 20 min.
1. Mix egg, soy milk, shredded cheese, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper.
Preheat oven 350 degree. On tart crust, put veggies, pour sauce. Sprinkle some panko, sliced olive, tomato. Bake it about 20 min.
If you follow the whole direction, it takes longer time than other recipes I’ve shared with you so far. But cooking is fun. You definitely will have a great time, and most importantly, you’ll be proud of yourself for making quiche from scratch! You must celebrate not only July 4th but also your first-time-making-quiche-from-scratch!
Even though it’s cooled down, the taste still vividly appear on your appetite, so it is fantastic idea to bring it for July 4th party 🙂
Phew! When was the last time I wrote so long paragraph in English?? Now I need long vacation like when I was a student! 😛